Video 1: Asian garment and textile industry seeks a path to a bright and sustainable future
Video 2: Smart tech at E China clothing factory
Video 3: Vietnam’s textile and apparel industry amid the pandemic
Video 4: Fashion has a sustainability problem – here’s how TAL is tackling it
- How are textile and apparel “Made in Asia” changing its face? What are the driving forces of these changes?
- What are the examples of the “flying geese model” in the videos? Overall, why or why not do you think this pattern is still valid today?
- How to understand COVID-19’s impact on Asia’s textile and apparel industry? What strategies have been adopted by garment factories in Asia to survive the pandemic? What challenges do they still face?
- What is your evaluation of Asia’s competitiveness as a textile and apparel production and sourcing hub over the next five years? Why? What factors could be relevant?
- Anything else you find interesting/intriguing/thought-provoking/debatable in the video? Why?
Note: Everyone is welcome to join our online discussion. For students in FASH455, please address at least two questions. Please mention the question number # (no need to repeat the question) in your comment.