For your reference. Many issues are relevant to textile and apparel sectors (for example: global value chain, trade and job, trade facilitation, competition policy, intelletrual property right protection, green economy, pluralism/regionalism as well as trade and development).
This year’s WTO Public Forum will debate:
- formulating new approaches to multilateral trade opening in areas such as trade facilitation;
- addressing 21st-century issues and identifying areas in need of new regulations;
- looking at the role of non-state actors in strengthening the multilateral trading system
The session will cover the following sessions
- Global value chain: implications for trade policy
- Trade and job
- The multilateral trading system in the 21st century: interaction between trade and competition policy
- Plurilaterals and Bilaterals: Guardians or Gravediggers of the WTO?
This year’s Ideas Workshops will cover:
- How to ensure green economy policies are implemented in a co-ordinated manner rather than at cross-purposes?
- The future of the WTO dispute settlement system.
- Rethinking trade-related aspects of intellectual property in today’s global economy.
WTO’s first ever Youth Ambassadors, selected by separate video and essay contests, will discuss the topic “How can trade promote development?”