The final text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) released by the New Zealand Foreign Affairs & Trade in January 2016 has made a few changes to the textiles and apparel specific rules of origin compared with the USTR version released in November 2015:
- “5407.94” is replaced by “5403.49”
- “or heading 54.08″ is replaced by ” or heading 54.04 through 54.08″
- Minor wording changes are made regarding 55.03 and 55.06-55.11
- TPP originating input of “54.04 through 54.07” is now required for 54.08 (Woven fabrics of artificial filament yarn, including woven fabrics obtained from materials of heading 5405)
- Rules of origin for HS96.19 (Sanitary towels (pads) and tampons, diapers and diaper liners for babies and similar articles, of any material are newly added.
Details of the changes can be downloaded from HERE