The Washington International Trade Association (WITA) Academy, in partnership with UD’s Fashion and Apparel Studies Department, will host a virtual program exploring career opportunities in international affairs, business, fashion, apparel, and trade.
The program is split into two half-day sessions. Public sector trade-related careers will be examined on Friday, March 10, and private sector opportunities will be the focus on Monday, March 13. Both sessions will be held from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Zoom.
This event is free and open to ALL UD students (undergraduate and graduate) and faculty, but registration is required (please use UD email address): https://www.wita.org/events/u-of-delaware-pathways/
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sarah Clarke, former Chief Supply Chain Officer, PVH Corp.
- Hun Quach, Director of Policy and Advocacy, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Stephanie Lester, Vice President, Head of Government Affairs, Gap Inc.; former Professional Staff, House Ways and Means Committee, Subcommittee on Trade
- Patty Lopez, Sr. Director- Vendor Management, Gap Inc.; former Sr Director-Global Production, Gap Inc.
- Julia Hughes, President, U.S. Fashion Industry Association
- Natalie Hanson, Deputy Assistant USTR for Textiles, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Jon Gold, Vice President of Supply Chain and Customs Policy, National Retail Federation
- Nate Herman, Senior Vice President, American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA)
- Bill McRaith, former Chief Supply Chain Officer, PVH Corp.
- Heidi Colby-Oizumi, Chief Chemicals and Textiles Division, US International Trade Commission
- Linda Martinich, Senior International Trade Specialist, Office of Textiles and Apparel, US Department of Commerce
- Thomas Newberg, International Trade Specialist, Office of Textiles and Apparel, US Department of Commerce
- Blake Harden, Vice President, International Trade at Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA); former Trade Counsel, U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means, Subcommittee on Trade
- Eric Biel, Senior Advisor, Fair Labor Association; Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center; former Associate Deputy Undersecretary, U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of International Labor Affairs
- Nicole Bivens Collinson, President, International Trade and Government Relations, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; former Assistant Textile Negotiator, Office of the United States Trade Representative
- Amanda Blunt, Counsel, Legal Affairs & Trade, General Motors; former Associate General Counsel, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Lisa Schroeter, Global Director of Trade and Investment Policy, Dow; former Executive Director, TransAtlantic Business Dialogue
- Maria Luisa Boyce, Vice President, UPS Global Public Affairs; former Executive Director Office of Trade Relations/Senior Advisor for Trade Engagement, U.S. Customs and Border Protectionformer President, Border Trade Alliance
- Brenda Smith, Global Director of Government Outreach, Expeditors; former Executive Assistant Commissioner, U.S. Customs & Border Protection
- Nikole Burroughs, Deputy Chief of Staff for Management and Resources, USAID; former Staff Director, Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific the Nonproliferation, United States House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Catherine DeFilippo, Director of Operations, United States International Trade Commission; former Economist, US International Trade Commission
- Paul H. DeLaney, III, Partner, Kyle House Group; former Vice President for Trade and International at Business Roundtable, former International Trade Counsel to Chairman Orrin G. Hatch for the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance
- Erin Ennis, Senior Director, Global Public Policy, Dell Technologies; former Assistant to the Deputy US Trade Representative, Office of the US Trade Representative
- Naomi Freeman, Consultant, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg; former Director for the Generalized System of Preferences at the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Nasim Fussell, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP; former Chief International Trade Counsel, U.S. Senate Committee on Finance
- Ed Gresser, Vice President and Director, Trade and Global Markets at PPI; former Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Trade Policy and Economics at the Office of the United States Trade Representative
- Jodi Herman, Assistant Administrator for Legislative and Public Affairs, USAID; former Vice President for Government Relations and Public Affairs, National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
- Charlotte Mcclure, Logistics Supervisor, Cap America; former Overseas Specialist, Cap America; former Logistics Specialist, Cap America