- Why does the U.S. textile industry call for additional tariffs on textile and apparel imports from China whereas U.S. fashion brands and apparel retailers oppose the tariffs?
- Based on the trade theories we have learned so far, why or why not would you recommend President Trump to impose 25% punitive tariffs on imports from China?
Appendix: Comments on the Proposed Section 301 Tariffs on Imports from China (August 2018)
- National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO)—Representing U.S. textile industry
- U.S. Fashion Industry Association (USFIA)—Representing U.S. fashion brands and apparel retailers
- American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA)—Representing U.S. apparel companies
For the complete timeline of the U.S. Section 301 tariff action against China, please click HERE